Senior Farmers Market
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program for 2022:
OverviewThe Senior Farmers' Market Voucher Program provides low-income seniors with coupons (4 * $6 coupons per person or $24 worth) that can be exchanged for eligible foods (fruits, vegetables, and fresh-cut herbs) at farmers' markets, roadside stands, and community-supported agriculture programs.
This program is important for seniors because it provides financial support for access to healthy, fresh produce that may otherwise be difficult to come by or afford. Senior hunger and health complications affect many elderly individuals nationwide. Access to fresh produce can help seniors gets the nutrients they need to maintain a healthy diet.
Who is eligible?
Eligible Seniors may receive vouchers at our designated Community Distribution Events. These events re listed below.
· SFMNP customers may buy only fruits, vegetables and herbs grown in Pennsylvania
· Recipients must sign in the “Signature Recipient or Proxy” block on the front of the checks. Do this before going to the market or take a pen with you.
· At the market look for stands displaying the white Farmers Market Nutrition Program poster.
· Each check is worth $6. Farmers are not permitted to give change for purchases for less than $6.
· Program recipients may place orders online with FMNP approved farmer; however, you must pay with your paper FMNP checks.
A proxy may go to markets to make the purchase for you.
Erie County PA 2022 Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program – Community Distribution Dates:
(Vouchers may be received only ONE time in the program year – select the one site closest to you)
June 13 - GECAC North East Sr. Center 50 E. Main St., North East 06/13 9 to 12 PM 814-725-5195
June 21- GECAC Tri-Boro Sr. Center 7555 W. Ridge Rd., Fairview 06/21 9 to 3 PM 814-474-2211
June 23 -GECAC Corry Sr. Center 25 S. First Ave., Corry 06/23 9 to 3 PM 814-664-2477
June 24 - GECAC Northwestern Sr. Ctr. 9 Academy St., Albion 06/24 9 to 1 PM 814-756-5373
June 24 - GECAC Union City Sr. Center 27 Johnson St., Union City 06/24 9 to 12 PM 814-438-2146
June 27th: Bayfront Convention Center 1 Sassafras Pier, Erie 06/27 9 to 4 PM 814-459-4581 ext. 400
After the designated Community Distribution Events, eligible seniors who did not receive vouchers may contact their local GECAC Senior Center. https://www.gecac.org/work/aging/senior-centers
Comments are closed.
News and Notes
You'll find policy updates, helpful links, events and new information regarding senior care in PA.